Saturday, 28 January 2012

Off we go!



The first area I decided to tackle was the basement. I felt it could do with a bit more embellishment so..........I started by adding "quoins" around each arch.   Firstly I created little templates of card, played around with them till I was happy then numbered them and cut out the relevant shapes in strip wood.


Then a little detail from Sue Cook was added to each one.


To "ground" it all, I added a "base stone" and finished it off with coving.


Then some stripwood to simulate blockwork.


This was continued across all three sections and on either end until it ended up looking like this.

7 comments:

  1. What a clever idea making the templates. The archs look fantastic.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great look and very convincing too! ;o))

    Michelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, Irene, looks beautiful!! Mini hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look lovely Irene, well done. I bet it took a while to get the size and dimensions just right. Well it works perfectly. I think what you have done has pushed the project up several notches. Keep it up x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Irene,

    It's really added a lovely finish. Well done. It's the details that make the difference.

    Fi x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very good idea! It goes very well with the house.
    Geneviève

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Irene,
    Great work, I knew you'd take a beautiful structure and make it even better.
    Terrific work!
    Have a great week,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete