First of all, a very warm welcome to all new followers. I'm very pleased to have you here and hope you like what you see.
Well, that's it. That's all there is to see of the basement. It's finished with the exception of any additional "bits" I'm likely to find. The bin needs some rubbish and I'll be on the lookout for any other items I think may be "basement worthy".
I was thinking, when taking the photos, it's a bit too tidy but I'm not good at messy so I'm happy to leave things as they are for the time being.
All I have to do now is show you the pictures - going from the left to right and one or two you've seen before.
Oops, I nearly forgot the housemartins!
and finally, a wee sneaky peek of what's coming next..............
The Laundry!











Love your pictures! The passage looks GREAT!:)
ReplyDeleteThe basement is looking fabulous! Love the green door and rather envious of your rather professional hand rail on your stairs!! It has lots of atmosphere already. ;o)
ReplyDeleteI think it would be pretty filled and busy down here, but all in good time as you say. That's the fun of this hobby is that you can keep adding to it for years to come. :o)
Michelle xx
Thank you Michelle. The "rather professional rail" on the stairs is actually a kebab stick on top and skinny dowel below!
DeleteI'm not good at messy either although you wouldn't think so in real life ;-) But I wonder if a nicely run household in those days was messy. I think if the housekeeper or butler did a proper job, even the areas under the stairs would be clean and tidy.
ReplyDeleteI love the photos looking through the arches to the stairs!
Hello Irene,
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure I believe some of those pictures are miniature!
You did an absolutely fantastic job on everything. Not only does every detail look real, but the spaces themselves are just beautiful. I always admire your skill. You really set the bar way, way high.
I love everything you do!
Have a great weekend my friend,
Hugs,
Giac
Hi Irene, congratulations on a wonderful job (so far!). It has such character and charm, never mind realism. I cannot wait to see more.
ReplyDeleteBest wishes
Simon
Thank you Simon.
DeleteI'll be deviating from the "below stairs" rooms for my next post.
I've something much much grander to show before embarking on the Laundry - lol.
very atmospheric pictures, the basement exterior looks great, lots of nice touches! Look forward to seeing more of the laundry very soon!!!
ReplyDeleteThis fantastic the basement is wonderful congratulations on your fantastic work. Just an idea but how about a couple of stray leaves :)
ReplyDeleteHugs Maria
Your photos are superb, I love the last ones. The bin is perfect and the one with the light is very good. I can almost see some servants walking aroung.
ReplyDeleteGeneviève
Hi Irene,
ReplyDeleteWe like tidy. But I liked Maria's idea of a few wee leaves. Or if you want to do the tidy version, you could have small pile of leaves beside a sweeping brush to show that someone is keeping everything neat.
Lovely job,
Sister Valerie
Thanks for your nice comments, Jonquil. I too have a leaning more to the basement rooms in a grand property. Heaven knows how I'm going to deal with the rest "above stairs"!
ReplyDeleteMaria and Valerie - Thanks. I'll have a real good think about leaves. It will have to be a nice tidy little pile though!
ReplyDeleteHi Irene,
ReplyDeleteI cannot believe you have done so much work. Giac is right when he said it looks real. What an incredible job you have done.You are amazing!
And on the subject of messy, I think if I could shrink down my son Jay he would do a great job of messing it up for you!!!
Fi xx
What a great basement, would like to have a house with a basement, however they alway feel a bit spooky to me, which isn't altogether bad. Maybe a tiny spider web somewhere?
ReplyDelete