Monday, 2 July 2012

My "Get Up and Go" got up and went!

I've not blogged here for ages because as the title says "the get up and go" got up and went.  Where?   I've no idea but I think I'm back now and raring to go.   I couldn't even be bothered posting and blogging about the pictures and progress I had already made before starting this blog so there's still lots to see and tell and although I was keeping up to date with the blogs I follow, I'm afraid I haven't been posting there either so...sorry to all of you whom I regularly comment on, you're all doing great things and I'll get back to posting very soon.

This doesn't mean that I'd gone into hibernation but I don't think all this blessed rain has helped any.   Not one ray of sunshine up here for weeks.

Anyway, during this time No 2 son has set up home with his fiance and I now have a good space to store the minis.   NOT the room I'm after (that belongs to No 1 son!) but a step in the right direction nonetheless.   I've started boxing the bits in preparation for the BIG MOVE.    This, in turn, will give me back my Conservatory and Dining Room after 6/7 years.    Long overdue :-)

I've only one photo to show you and this is a wee item I spotted on Sunday at an Antique and Collectors' Fair.   It just so happens I have a birthday coming up soon and a very generous sister accompanied me!   You may recognise it as Queen Mary's Dolls House.   It's made, I think, from some fine bisque and quite fragile and once it's had a bit of a clean it will be given a special place in my temporary mini room - thanks Valerie!

12 comments:

  1. Cant tell you how great it is to havwe you back sweetheart.
    Love the early birthday present, it'll look good in your temporary-mini-room-with-a-view-to-#1 Son's room!!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all need a break, sometimes! Welcome back, Irene and Happy Early-Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back. Beautiful gift arnt sisters great :) Happy Birthday to you.
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see you you back and in sucj good form, a new room and a great sister.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Irene, I think we've all been in that sort of mood at some time, I have missed your posts, so am looking forward to seeing what you have been up to when you feel ready to show us. I love the little house you purchased, I think I remember seeing one in a book, when I was doing a post on QM's dolls House, some sort of souvenir from the original exhibition. Whatever it is, it is a great find!!

    Wow a whole room just for dolls houses, LUXURY!!!

    take care,
    regards
    Andy xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes, things just happen and we drift...

    Glad to have you back and Happy Birthday and congrats on having a room to store minis.

    Cheers,
    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back Irene!

    Sometimes, with no explanation we do just loose heart and it can be very hard to pin point when it happens. It's just our minds telling us we need a break or change, take the break and invariably the interest returns.

    What a lovely birthday gift, it's perfect!

    ML fi xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday!
    Beautiful gift!
    I was very happy to read your post and see that everything is fine.
    Geneviève

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Irene,

    good to see you blogging again.
    And you're very welcome to the birthday pressie.
    Now get these photos up and running again

    Saintly Sister Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Irene,

    I have moments of 'get up and went' too, but I often find the downtime helps get the motivation back. Glad to see you are about though! And lucky you getting a whole room to 'mini' in...very jealous!


    Jonquil

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, and goodness me! How could I have forgotten to wish you a Happy Birthday (albeit belated!)?

    Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks everyone for your nice comments. The birthday is still a couple of days away so thanks for the birthday wishes too.

    The plan is to get Netherton into the hobby room as well but it will mean taking the doors off as the turns are quite tight in order to get it up the stair. It's also very heavy. I will not be a happy bunny if things don't happen the way I want them to - lol!

    I'll let you all know how we get on.

    ReplyDelete