Well, I'm sorry but you were all wrong! It was made from this, a gravy granules pot.
I'm sure there are loads more uses this size of pot can be put to (I just have to think of them).
The steps were a preformed set I already had in the stash and the gap was just filled in with some wood, shaped to fit and painted all a stoney grey colour.
I had an inspirational photo to work from
which gave me the shape of the opening and a little shelf affair was added to take the coals. A couple of bars across the front, a bowl created in the top to take the water, a fitted lid and there you have it.
which gave me the shape of the opening and a little shelf affair was added to take the coals. A couple of bars across the front, a bowl created in the top to take the water, a fitted lid and there you have it.
My washing machine is probably the grandest item in The Laundry. It was purchased at a Miniatura Fair from Harlands of Hedon
It's a beautifully detailed item and has working bits on the lid and when the handle is turned, there's a paddle inside that rotates.
I really wanted an airer in my Laundry room and the only way I could do this without taking up much space was to place it against the back wall. It's basically just a length of wood with a handle and wheels. Attached to the back of the "door" and the wall are pieces of cocktail stick to take the laundry. A few pieces are included for show.
I really wanted an airer in my Laundry room and the only way I could do this without taking up much space was to place it against the back wall. It's basically just a length of wood with a handle and wheels. Attached to the back of the "door" and the wall are pieces of cocktail stick to take the laundry. A few pieces are included for show.
Another item I'm particularly pleased with in my Laundry is the stove for heating the irons.
Now.........can you guess what THIS was made from?










LoL
ReplyDeleteHi Irene. I love what you have done with the Laundry. I particularly like the glow of the copper.
Is the stove made from a pro-bio yoghurt thingy?
It's like that old game on the radio from years back where you had to guess what is making the sound.
Have a great week
Simon x
Dear Irene,
ReplyDeleteI guess an Yakult bottle ??? Those little ones with a morning drink to get your intestines started.
That's fun to see that you can do things yourself with stuff that's already in the house. I wonder what you used to make this little wonder.
Greetings Dorien
Hi, Irene!
ReplyDeleteI always get such great ideas from you. Your 'copper' looks exactly like your inspiration photo --applause! And I just love your laundry tub. We had a 'RL' tub like that in our cellar when we moved into our house --I even used it for a while when the 'modern' washer broke down! I'm not even going to venture a guess about the source material of your darling stove, which undoubtedly is a perfect facsimile of an antique original! But it does have that 'Irene touch' that we all so admire!
Tu escena de lavandería está quedando muy bien!
ReplyDeleteUn abrazo
GRACIAS por no tener palabra de verificación
Hi Irene,
ReplyDeletewell you certainly deserve your mini Blue Peter Badge! I would guess that the stove is made out of a yoghurt pot... but also with various additions?
I love to see what you create out of pots and packages!
Jonquil
Hello Irene,
ReplyDeleteWhen it comes to taking everyday household objects and transforming them, there is no one better then you. Not only is everything well done, but it looks realsitic. The copper is wonderful and I just love the washing machine...great choice!
Big hug,
Giac
H Irene,
ReplyDeleteThe copper really does look just like the one in your photo! No one would ever guess its origins as a gravy granuals box!!
You have so much detail in this room already, everything looks impressive. I love the old style washing machine, quite a luxury I imagine!!
Can't wait to see more soon!
Andy xxx
That was really smart! Love the final result, such a fashionable copper! :)
ReplyDelete