Tuesday, 2 October 2012

The Laundry is finished.

Netherton now has a complete and fully operational Laundry.   The purchases made at the recent fair I attended are now in place.
 
 
Interest has been added by way of slim dividers.   One at the back of the room to the left of the drying closet (right hand corner) and one half wall just behind the washing machine.   Hopefully, in a small way, these take away the plain rectangular shape of the room.
 
The drying closet - Laundry was placed on the rails, wet.   The doors, which ran on wheels and a track, were closed and the laundry dried from the heat created by stoves.   In some places these drying racks were open-ended.   Wet laundry in one end and pulled out the other when dry.
 
 
 The servant's eye view.
 
 
 

 
 
Some close ups.  
 
 
The pegs in the bowl were made by me and the book is The Laundry Book from Dateman Books
 
 
 
 

 
 
A very warm welcome to all my new followers.   I'm very pleased to have you here and hope you like what you see.


 
 



19 comments:

  1. Wonderful, Irene!
    The deviders break it nicely. I love the servants' eye view. Your attention to detail is spot on every time! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautifully thought through. It looks like a well used but immaculately kept laundry room. It works from every angle imaginable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Todo lo que he visto en tu blog me ha encantado , pero la lavanderia es una maravilla . Te ha quedado preciosa .
    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic laundry room. Your work is wonderful. Congratulations on finishing it.
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. The laundry looks wonderful. I love the washing machine, all the different boxes for the soap and the books. The servants eye view is marvellous.
    Greetings, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Irene,

    Your attention to detail is spot on, you have thought of every thing, I love the lace cloths on the drying rack and the towels in the basket. I can even see a wash board in the metal tub and I love the white jug on the steps. I was wondering if they are tongs hanging above the jug, I presume the were used to move the washing around in the hot tubs?

    I think the dividers do break the room and give it depth and warmth. Well done on a fabulous room.

    ML Fi xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did an excellent job with this room, I love it. I like also how you explain things.
    Geneviève

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Irene,

    Your 'below-stairs' areas are as meticulous as the rest of the house. Great job...I love all the little boxes on the shelves.

    XO,
    John

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Irene,
    Once again, I feel like I am ont he set of a good period movie. Every detail is so well researched and beautifully crafted. You really are an inspiration andan incredibly talented miniaturist. I love every single detail!
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful Details, Irene!!! I LOVE the clothes pins in the bowl!! And I agree that the partial walls break up the room and give it added "architectural" interest! This House has the best kept Laundry I have ever seen! And the Book of Laundry is an inspired Detail!!! Your hanging rack is Gorgeous!! And I LOVE the Drying room door left just a little open! (My Grandparents hung their laundry to dry in the Furnace Room... Lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Irene,

    I love all the little details in this room, there's so much to see here! It all looks just as it should, I'm glad I'm not having to work down there though, looks like washing clothes was very hard work!!

    If the laundry is of such a high standard as this, I can't wait to see what else you do with the rest of the house!!!

    regards
    Andy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm late in finding your blog but am so happy that I did! This little room is perfect in detail and so well done! Love the lighting, the floor and each of the beautiful little touches you have included. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your laundry is excellent Irene, you've done a brilliant job on it. Can't wait to see the progress of the rest of the house. Will say hello at the November show at Ingliston!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is the best laundry room I have ever seen Irene...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't been here in a while, and now it's really nice to see your laundry finished! It turned out great!
    Wish you a lovely weekend,
    big hugs,

    Mijbil

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, what incredible detail and care has been taken. If I had the time, the money and the patience I might take on such a big project. Dolls House Emporium has a Canadian Branch and when I first became interested in minis I wanted to save up for one of their houses and decorate it to the finest detail. Some day maybe....now I've become distracted with created smaller scenes.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Harikasınız sizi takibe aldım. Ellerinize sağlık. Sevgilerimle Funda

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hallo Irene, what a wonderful blog you have. I am now a follower, and you are welcome to visit my blog http://ateljelillahjartat.blogspot.se/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gosh its all very impressive!! Well done!
    Best wishes
    Gill x

    ReplyDelete