Tuesday, 19 March 2013

Gifts from France

Today I received a package from Jonquil.   What a wonderful surprise when I opened it.
 
 
All these little items are destined for an "upstairs" room in Netherton.   The detail is just amazing.   How all these tiny stitches are created is just a mystery to me.   I am in awe of your skill, Jonquil!
 
 
The first item is a little shawl.   I love the little scalloped edge and the detail is continued on the back.
 
 
The second item is a little silk bag - how DID you make these tassels? 


Thirdly, a pillow with white embroidered detail to the right.   The fabric is really soft and it's made in such a way as to be placed in a very realistic manner.


Thank you so much Jonquil, I love them all and really appreciate the time taken to create this little gift for me.

14 comments:

  1. Oh! Such sweet gifts! The embroidery is beyond Fantastic! I look forward to seeing them "in use"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful gifts you have received from our friend! The little bag is wonderful. I love it. I'm glad you resumed work in Netherton.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Irene,
    how beautiful. jonquil really is an incredibly giften artist.
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  4. What marvelous work! An immensely talented lady! I also look forward to seeing them in Netherton which is a blog I still need to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome gifts! The embroidery is beautiful.
    Geneviève

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations with the lovely gifts from Jonquil. Such fine needlework, fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a very luck Lady and Jonquils work is just beautiful. What a lovely surprise!

    ML Fi xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your wonderful amazing gifts the bag is gorgeous. Enjoy your beautiful treasures.
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful gifts, and such fine stitching I am sure they will find the perfect spot in your lovely house.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have long-admired Jonquil's superb work and these little confections will be a charming addition to Netherton.

    XOXO
    John

    ReplyDelete
  11. How very beautiful and so perfect for Netherton!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Irene, the gifts from Jonquil are real treasures. I am sure they will find a good spot in the Netherton.
    Hugs, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  13. A truly lovely gift from a remarkable artist. What a wonderful surprise and will look great in the Netherton. Mini Hugs, LJ

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jonquils items are absolutely gorgeous Irene & Netherton will be a very fine home for them! x

    ReplyDelete