Wednesday, 13 March 2013

The Butler's Pantry

I'm ashamed to say it feels like ages since I posted here.  During that time Netherton has moved to it's new location but it hasn't seen much activity since then - just the time taken to make sure the electrics were all fine and thankfully they are!

I've been working on the Butler's Pantry for some time and although it's almost finished there are still some bits I'd like to include so in the meantime I've added a few pics just to let you see what's happening.
 
You can see where it's located - next to the Laundry.   It's just a little space but sufficient for the Butler's needs!   It measures 6.5" (16.51cms) wide x 16" (40.64 cms) deep x 8" (20.32 cms) high.
 
 
 
I purchased a couple of bits and I made a couple of bits.
 
 

 
The table below was created to fit a specific space and because I was playing with wood at the time, a little book shelf happened too.
 

 
 
Here are some little scenes of the work done to date.   Still a work in progress but not far from completion.
 
 
 


 
 
 
I found a picture of this particular style of sink and thought it would make a really good mini so I had a go.   It was originally destined for The Laundry but I think it sits better in the Pantry.
 
 

 
 
Apologies for the woolly picture below - I'll do better next time!
 
 
 
Oh, and did I tell you there was a "Brushing Station"?   I would really have liked a "Brushing Room" but this will have to do!
 
 

15 comments:

  1. Looks fab Irene! I think that the sink fits perfectly, as you say better than in the laundry. The little details (as the x-leg table with the decanter) are really pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Irene it all looks fabulous! I love that sink and it fits perfect there. You have done some nice purchases! Love to see your progress on the dollshouses. You have got a great workroom now :D!
    I have to read a lot of your posts on your blog, because they didn't show up on my readers list on my dash board for some reason! Blogger has some nice "ways to tease" their bloggers ;), such as my blog was deleted yesterday morning without reasons! They told me in a message there were some suspicious activities on my blog, but they forgot to tell me what it was ;)!
    Hugs, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Irene,
    I feel very unoriginal when I comment on your blogs because I always repeat myself. Your work is just so fantastic. Everything you make is always well made and finished to perfection. Your pictures always look like real life rooms. You are so amazingly talented...but I've said this all before. I cannot wait to see more.
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marvelous details! You build wonderful furniture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your sink and it does have its rightful place in your butler's pantry. The brushing station is a very nice touch. It contributes to the function of the room. Although I have not seen all your work, I am familiar with your talent and I always enjoy seeing what you create.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not surprised you don't have had posts for some time because you want to make perfect things and that takes time to find exactly what you want. I love the new miniatures you have added.
    Geneviève

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you make rooms look like someone just got up and left the room soon to be returning. :-) You do a wonderful job on room details and the details of the furnishings. I just learned the term "brushing station" as well as "wooly pictures" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your new furniture. The sink is wonderful and I love the bookcase. It is always a pleasure to see your wonderful work.
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the sink, Irene --you are so clever at making up your own things and I wish I could do that! Your pantry already has a nice, 'lived-in' quality to it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the sink Irene! And the brushing station is so wonderful! I'd love to have something like that in real life. And a butler to go with it of course ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Irene, your sink is lovely, very inspiring and well done! The scene with the wooden furniture and the lamp is cosy and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Irene,
    great work on the sink, it's all coming together so well. I love the brushing station, I have become very well acquainted with the whole concept since getting into Downton Abby....LOL I love the top hat.

    ML Fi xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Irene! Sorry I am so late here.... I seem to have missed an update! This Pantry is looking Fantastic! The sink is Perfect! I love the way you are so careful about the era of your houses... there is so much History involved with knowing what should or would have been appropriate to a given time! I am always fascinated by those details!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Irene,Relieved to hear all is well,with the wiring and lights. It could have been a difficult problem to rectify.
    Interesting about the brushing station. Great that you have made some of the furniture.
    Rope we will see more soon now that you have started posting again.
    Regards Janine

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your butler's pantry is amazing Irene - so realistic! Your sink is particularly impressive, very wonderful work!
    Did you get to the Spring Miniatura last Sat/Sun? It was awful weather on our journey there & back (from Wales)! If so. am looking forward to seeing any goodies you bought! x

    ReplyDelete