Saturday, 13 April 2013

Edinburgh Emporium 4

I found, quite by chance, this little resin model of Edinburgh Castle.   It's not a true 12th scale miniature but I think it fits the space quite nicely.




The commissioned items, mentioned earlier,  are the two Tam O'Shanters and the umbrella.   These were made for me by Margaret, The Mini Milliner.
 



Another famous painting is Landseer's "Monarch of the Glen" - a very familiar Scottish work of art.

 
 
I also thought I would include a leather bound book entitled "Clans and Tartans of Scotland".   The tartan shown is Mackintosh.   My mum is a Mackintosh!
 
 
 
 
 

The chair was barewood, varnished then upholstered.   The Tam O'Shanter is the work of The Mini Milliner.



and last but not least - Mary, Queen of all she surveys!


 
 
So, here it is in it's entirety - The Edinburgh Emporium.   It's this little project that's kept me away from my other properties.   It was a fun project to do and an exercise in patience as I searched for suitable items only to discover that I had to make a lot of them and that's where the time went.   I hope you like it.
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The whisky in the bottles displayed below is the real thing!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


24 comments:

  1. I love it what fun and so very different from all your other projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So love your wee emporium and can imagine shopping in there. As always you've produced a first class project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, lovely! What a charming shop...I love all the Scottish items, so many great details, and the piper is the crowning glory. Really well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Irene, I think I've just lost all my energy. I had just finished writing my comment and I stupidly went and put The Mini Milliner in my favourites. Of course, my long comment disappeared. Thank you so much for introducing this wonderful online store. Irene, I cannot get over how quickly you work and how beautifully. You are the absolute opposite of the procrastinator, which is what I am. But, I'm telling you, things are going to change around here. You have just motivated me so much by showing this beautiful piece of art you have just finished, because that's what it is. Irene, I love everything! Thank you so much for sharing your work. You are so very accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have quite a special nose, to find the right minis or even make them yourself. It is a very exciting project, you have made. You have made a piece of cultural art. Very beautiful and exciting to explore.
    Hugs
    Wyrna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your project has become a very beautiful and unique one! Such a pretty decorated shop (inside and outside!) and so many precious miniatures brought together. Irene, thank you for showing it all to us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an unique roombox, Irene, I never have seen a work like this before. It is gorgeous, the time you spent on this project is it worth. Like Wyrna says: it is a cultural work too, now we can learn about typical Scottish miniatures :D! Thank you for showing and the explanation of all the details, Irene.
    Hugs, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks fabulous Irene, well done, your work is lovely!
    Looking forward to catching up with you at the fair tomorrow!
    Aileen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Irene,

    Such an elegantly appointed shop! The details (as always in your projects) are superb, and so uniquely Irene. LOVE the baby bottles of booze! I sure wish I could 'catch up' with you, too at that fair, tomorrow --hope you have a great time!

    XOXO,
    John

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful as usual Irene. Love all the scottish items and the lessons along the way. You have quite a knack for putting things together.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just wonderful, Irene. :) Everything fits together so well and while I am sure there must have been a bit of work before you began posting about it, it has come together amazing quickly without losing quality.

    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. More wonderful details!! Your Emporium is beautiful, I can't get enough of looking.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful, Irene! The tiny touches of tartan really pull it all together. It looks rather like the gift shops I passed on the Royal Mile.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your emporium reminds me of the lovely shops I visit when in Edinburgh. I can almost smell the whisky =0)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Irene! What a great job you have done with the Emporium! You have filled it with some very interesting and unique items and the little Tam O'Shanter is just adorable! I am glad that this little treasure is up front where people can clearly see it and appreciate it and the other items on the skirted the skirted table. The piper is wonderful and how nice that he is posed so well!
    Good work!

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this little shop... such attention to detail as with all your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dear Irene, it's really a pleasure to see this work: we breathe all your love for miniatures and all your love for Scotland.
    I love tartan and clans stories: I find it all so fascinating, and I adore men with the skirt (but it is true that they do not wear anything underneath?)...
    However, this roombox is adorable, so ... by Irene :-)
    Lovely hugs,
    Flora

    ReplyDelete
  18. How I love your shop! I love all the details in it. The Tam O'Shanter is superb and the book of clans and tartants is excellent. You have selected the best of Scottish items. I'm sure some lovers of Scotland and tourists would love to have such a shop, me included.
    Geneviève

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Irene,

    Your shop was a great project, full of fun and inventiveness! You created some wonderful little miniatures to stock the shop. It's been lovely to watch the progress of such a wee project!

    Andy

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fabulous 'little' project Irene. Like you I have completed a couple of 'quickies' away from our much more long term projects and they are such fun.

    They do not, however, end up being as little or quick as we first expected I think!! Like you I find myself just looking for or making another extra.

    It is beautiful though Irene and packed with thought and interest, Mary is my favourite though, such a naughty girlie!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your Emporium is looking wonderful. So many lovely items, you have don a wonderful job coming up with so many items to fill the shelves.

    ML Fi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello Irene,
    It is just wodnerful! Have you ever made a miniature that did not look real! You are so talented. Every item is just spot on. Bravo!
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your Emporium is amazing. I love all the fantastic items in your shop. Everything looks so wonderfully real. Congratulations on your fantastic project.
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Irene! I know I am late to comment here... but I think your Emporium is Wonderfully Original! And the Real Whiskey in the bottles... now THAT is carrying the mini World to a Marvelous and Admirable level of Realism!!!

    ReplyDelete