Saturday, 14 September 2013

More gifts from France.

Some time ago I received a little parcel from Jonquil in France which contained these wonderfully crafted items


 
 
 
These beautifully detailed items are destined for an "upstairs" room in Netherton.
 
A couple of weeks ago I received another little package from Jonquil, this time for a "downstairs" room.
 
What do you think of these?    Aren't they marvellous?   Just look at the fine stitching on this little mob cap -
 

 
 
 
Not only did I receive the mob cap, but I am also the very proud owner of this beautiful gown -

 
 
Just look at all that fine detail -
 
 
These pearl buttons down the back are such a lovely touch
 
 
and here they are again on the cuffs.
 
 
I can't thank you enough Jonquil, they really are wonderful items and I'm honoured that you took the time to create them for me, especially when I know you are busy, busy in real life.
 
I have recently completed a servant's room in another property and was very tempted to put these items in that particular room but Netherton is such a grand property, only grand items (such as these) will do - even if they are for servants.   They will be servants of quality!
 
Thank you so much Jonquil, they are very much appreciated.    Irene x
 
 
*I hope you received my email, Jonquil.   If not, please let me know.   
 
 
 
 

15 comments:

  1. Sono tutti dei bellissimi regali! Penso che sia stata una sorpresa stupenda per te. Troverai sicuramente il posto e gli abbinamenti che si meritano. Un abbraccio!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ¡Hola Irene!

    Son unos trabajos maravillosos. Conozco el trabajo de Jonquil y doy fe de que es sensacional. ¡Enhorabuena por esta nueva adquisición!

    ¡Un besote enorme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These miniatures are beautiful and real treasures. Jonquil is very talented. They are just perfect for your house. I think my favourites are the dress and the mob cap.
    Geneviève

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on all these wonderful items. I love the dress and cap and the beautiful bag. Enjoy your wonderful treasures.
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Irene! I am totally smitten with these beautiful articles of clothing! Jonquil has made a Maid's Delight! The embroidery is so detailed and Exquisitely done! All of it is just Wonderful, Irene.
    Now, I may be mistaken, but did not the ladies of the house also wear mob caps?

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am always impressed by Jonquils' needlework. All items shown in this post are beautiful, but most of all the gown, so delicate! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful,Irene. You're a lucky woman. The gown is simply amazing!
    I'm looking forward to seeing them "shot" indoors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Irene,

    Jonquil is an absolute genie with a needle and thread! The detail is magnificent. What spectacular additions to Netherton.

    XOXO,
    John

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an amazing gift Irene, they are very fine items for Netherton. The gown is just perfect, Jonquil is certainly a talented seamstress.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my Irene the items are all stunning - you must be thrilled. Couldn't pick a favourite out of these.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my Irene the items are all stunning - you must be thrilled. Couldn't pick a favourite out of these. Reminds reminds me so much of Jane Austen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Irene! The all items are very beautiful. Is a great work! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a lovely assortment of gifts. Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Irene,
    What wonderful pieces. Jonquil is incredibly talented.
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Irene, lovely gifts, you are very lucky, and I think they will all be found a good home by you too!

    ReplyDelete