When I read Genevieve's comment on my completed Dairy I promised myself I would post a special on the battery lights I intended buying for this space as there was no feasible way I could light it electrically.
The little lights were delivered today. A lamp and an outside lantern. They were purchased from Tumdee Dollhouse Miniatures.
Also included are two little batteries (very similar to those used in hearing aids - not that I have one but my mum does!) Inserting the batteries couldn't be simpler. Just unscrew the lamp from the base and pop it in. Switch the little switch and you're ready to go.
The lantern comes with a very thin circular magnet which has a sticky on the back for placing where you want it to be and the lantern itself just sticks on to that. It's very secure once in place.
The only thing I would say to watch for is to make sure, when placing these lights, is that the little switch is in the easiest accessible place.
Very fortunately for me, the lantern is an exact match for the lantern placed at the Servant's door.
The lamp was destined for inside the Dairy and I didn't use the sticky pad for that as I need to be able to lift it in and out to switch it on and off.
They don't have such a "blue" light as shown here. The natural daylight was going and I had the overhead light on AND I used the flash. I'll try and remember to take a further "on" photo in the next couple of days to give a better indication of the quality of light.
I'd say for areas not easily given to fitting electrics or perhaps adding a table lamp, they're pretty good. I'm pleased with them for the purposes of the Dairy.









Thank you, Irene! A good post! Anche io ero interessata alle lampade a batteria e il tuo post mi ha convinta sull' utilità del loro uso in alcune situazioni.
ReplyDeleteDear Irene,
ReplyDeleteI didn't know there were battery lights for doll houses. Thanks for the tip to look for the switch before placing the light. Thanks for sharing.
Hugs Dorien
thanks for showing us that - I hve been eyeing up the black lantern for Daviot House, so obviously great minds think alike, hen!
ReplyDeleteI got your email, but still can't seem to send you a reply! - I think I'll try another email account of mine and see if that works, in any case, I am so glad you liked the wee pressies,
much love Jonquil
Hi Irene! I have seen these types of lamps before and I must say that the styles that they come in NOW, are so wonderfully decorative and creative and have quite a lot of detail. This is such a good idea, as you have said, for those impossible places that are often found in a doll's house that make electrics impossible any other way. I love how you have incorporated them for this dairy! The ambience of the lights are wonderful!
ReplyDeleteelizabeth
Hi Irene! I have not used these lights (yet!) but I gave some to my Sister for her house which is not electrified. I think they make a really practical solution for so many tiny places where you wouldn't want to put a permanent fixture! Especially in the older types of homes where a hurricane style lamp would be authentic! Your little Dairy is truly Inspired!
ReplyDeleteHi Irene,
ReplyDeleteI used such lamps on the front exterior of my house because I had no other way to light it (because the front panel of my house lifts off). I'm glad you found a solution for your house, too.
XOXO,
John
Hello Irene,
ReplyDeleteThank you for the review. I have wondered about battery lights and am glad to hear from artists like you that they work well and look correct in a setting.
Big hug,
Giac
Hello Irene, thank you for showing us the lights, it really looks great. Thanks for sharing these gorgeous pictures of the Dairy!
ReplyDeleteHi Irene, thank you so much for this helpfull post. I did not know about these kind of lights. Anyway, they look very pretty in your allready beautiful Diary!
ReplyDeleteIrene, thank you so much for your post. You've told me everything I wanted to know. The conclusion, after reading your post, is that these lights are perfect for me, just what I need because I would be unable to put electricity in my house another way.
ReplyDeleteI love your lantern.
Geneviève
The lights look great! I was thinking of trying one on the Christmas shop and think I just might now lol!! xx
ReplyDeleteHi Irene,
ReplyDeleteI need to catch up on your previous post but for now I will say thank you for showing us your battery operated lights. I have been wanting to put some porch lights on the front of Ambrosia Place but wasn't sure how to go about doing the wiring on the door but you have solved my problem for me.
Thank you, and your lights look great!
ML Fi XX
Thanks for the post on battery lights. I have been mulling them for a long time now, but I have been afraid to try them. I will buy some now because there is always some place where a light is needed but the area can't be electrified.
ReplyDeleteCheers,
Iris