It's been a wee while since I updated progress here but the RL garden became a priority with all that lovely sunshine we had and I had a fence to paint - fence painting is very boring, even when it's sunny. Then there was trellis to paint which is equally as boring but it's all done now and I can finally get on with what I really need to do and that is plant plants! There's a bit of plant shopping to be done as well (tough, I know!) but I'm really looking forward to that bit.
In the meantime and because it was raining yesterday I finally managed to spend a goodly amount of time working on the minis, more specifically lighting.
I've been fiddling with this basement for months and don't really feel there's been much progress made. I spend an inordinate amount of time staring at it but don't actually do anything but yesterday was different.
It has just occurred to me, before I whitter on too much, that I haven't shown any pictures of the kitchen in Netherton.
It's a decent sized space therefore offers lots of potential.
The room now has tiled walls and a sneaky peak of the Cellar through the bars. The sign above the cellar door says "Peace & Plenty" but is no longer situated there.
This is my "fourth" wall. I would love to have had the space to create a "Lamp Room" where the boy would polish, maintain and fill all the lamps but I just couldn't fit one in so this little shelving unit is my homage to the Lamp Room. The intention is to fill it with light bulbs, candles, wicks, candle sticks, etc.
Here is the result of yesterday's "play". Still lots to do but I've now got the time to do it.
It has just occurred to me, before I whitter on too much, that I haven't shown any pictures of the kitchen in Netherton.
It's a decent sized space therefore offers lots of potential.
To the left I planned on inserting this little window through to the Still Room. The arch at the back will be shelved and the doorway (back right) gives access to the Cellar.
The door to the front right takes you into the Butler's Pantry.
The room now has tiled walls and a sneaky peak of the Cellar through the bars. The sign above the cellar door says "Peace & Plenty" but is no longer situated there.
This is my "fourth" wall. I would love to have had the space to create a "Lamp Room" where the boy would polish, maintain and fill all the lamps but I just couldn't fit one in so this little shelving unit is my homage to the Lamp Room. The intention is to fill it with light bulbs, candles, wicks, candle sticks, etc.
Here is the result of yesterday's "play". Still lots to do but I've now got the time to do it.





Hi Irene
ReplyDeleteYesterday's 'play' has worked out really well for you. Wow, this is a kitchen...it looks just wonderful. There is so much going on in there.... I'm dying to see what you will do next!
All the best
Vivian
Hi Irene! I do exactly the same thing as you and I sit and look for ages prior to do anything. There is a term used called "Iceberging" where most of what is actually seen is less than most of what has already been done unseen, in the form of thinking, looking and planning.
ReplyDeleteFrom the looks of your kitchen, your "Iceberging" has paid off because your kitchen is already looking interesting and intriguing, (with all of those doors to secret places). I love the stove and the large cupboard against the wall and the idea of the lamp cupboard is such a novel idea to me. I never would have known that this was an assigned job within an estate but now that you have mentioned it, it makes sense.
Visiting your blog is ALWAYS educational!
Enjoy your playtime,.... now that your fence is painted:D
elizabeth
Hello Irene,
ReplyDeleteIt amazes me how even an unfinished, unfurnished room of yours looks so realistic! AMAZING! It is just beautiful and I love your plans. I cannot wait to see more...don't hate me, I hope you get a few rainy days in a row.
Big hug,
Giac
Aun sin terminar es preciosa .
ReplyDeleteUn beso
It looks so nice, the floor looks so real.ICan not wait to see more of the kitchen.
ReplyDeleteWow your rooms always look so exciting and makes me want to peek into all those other rooms :) I love the big dresser and I am sure it will be filled with lots of interesting items.I am looking forward to seeing more.
ReplyDeleteHugs Maria
oooh Irene, I can't wait to see where this kitchen goes, very inspiring! And the still room- I've always wanted one, can't wait to see yours. You have so much space to play with, and I love the way you have arranged the doors, it gives such a sense of movement, like some servants are just about to bustle through,
ReplyDeleteJonquil
Fantastic start. I know it will only go up from here. The basics are already impressive!
ReplyDeleteOh, Irene, it all looks so fabulous! The lights are just perfect and really bring the room to life! I LOVE the details like the view into the cellars.... and the shelf for lamps on the fourth wall! I have never planned a fourth wall on my houses... except the Cupboard House (when will I get back to that one?) because most of our kits are all open at the back. It always seems like more work than one can imagine to convert them into four sided rooms with an opening "side"! Your work is so meticulous and well thought out! I guess all that "staring" has paid off! Great work! I so look forward to more!!!
ReplyDelete¡Hola Irene!
ReplyDelete¡Me encanta, has creado una cocina maravillosa! Se ve muy real. El suelo de pizarra es perfecto. Estoy deseando verla llena comida, frutas y verduras.
¡Un abrazo enorme y enhorabuena!
Sorry I'm so late Irene, I completely missed this post! Your kitchen is amazing! I love it!! Especially the way you have mixed the colours on the wall and toned them with the perfect stain on the dresser. I can't stop looking at that! It all looks so real!! I can't wait to see it all fully accessorised.
ReplyDeleteSi
Lovely, lovely, lovely - what more can I say. Such talent.
ReplyDeleteMarilyn
This kitchen is going to be great, I love the floor. I like the way this room opens to different rooms. I can't wait to see more.
ReplyDeleteGeneviève
Amazing as always! Is it a sheet of tiles you used on the walls?
ReplyDelete