Firstly, thank you for all your lovely comments regarding my previous post. It's really nice to know that you like what I'm doing with this.
Secondly, I'm no further forward with posting pictures of the Hall. I had to wait on a small delivery then I had to look for paintings and finally I need some floral decorations but these will have to wait until my trip to York Fair next month.
I decided to do something about the paintings and thought I'd have a go at making my own as I will be needing quite a few for this property.
After an online hunt I came across a little video Antique Picture Frames and just followed her instructions. I didn't take any photos of the basic constructions - it's just four pieces of lolly stick joined at right angles and when dry, lace is attached -
then a bit more trim to bulk it up -
I forgot to take a photo of the above frame painted but here is another I've been working on -
Once dry (I gave them two coats) add the pictures.
I need quite a few more before I'm ready to hang them and finally take some photos but that should definitely be my next post here!
This morning I went to a local Antique & Collectables Fair with my sister Valerie. It was quite a successful morning (a small cut glass decanter and six matching liqueur glasses) when on the way out I spotted this little item -
There's nothing on it to say when this particular edition was printed
Most of the photos are black and white
with a few in colour but there's quite a lot to read. I've already got the other two more up to date publications of Queen Mary's Dolls House but I thought this would be another nice little addition to my ever growing collection of "books for research".
Finally, my new blog Marsh Hall has gone live. If you'd like to pop over and have a little look at my new project I'll be really pleased to see you there - thank you!









It's really hard sourcing picture frames I find. You've done a good job on these Irene - who would have thought 'Lollipops and lace' and with your paintings in them they do the job beautifully.
ReplyDeleteWhat a nice find with your book too. Great day all round I reckon.
Right off to have a look at Marsh Hall now.
Your picture frames are beautiful thanks for sharing the how to :) Nice book what a great find. Looking forward to seeing more pictures.
ReplyDeleteHugs Maria
Love your picture frames, Irene, well done. I'm dashing over to your new blog right now...
ReplyDeleteTalk about excited....I went over to your new site, Irene lol now I'm back! Great frames Irene, they're so individual and unique, lovely. Good luck with Marsh Hall.....class name.
ReplyDeleteAll the best
Vivian
Hi Irene! I just signed on to your new blog! I can't wait to see the progress!
ReplyDeleteAnd the frames you have made are wonderful! I have always wanted to try that.... Thanks for the reminder! I hope you have great fun at the Fair and come home with all the little details that make your homes so marvelous!
That's a very good idea to make frames. I will be glad to follow your new blog.
ReplyDeleteGeneviève
Hello Irene,
ReplyDeleteThank you for posting about that great picture frame idea... that one will come in handy! I can't wait to see pictures of the room when you are ready! The book is a great find!
Big hug
Giac
Very clever - you've got me rummaging through the sewing box.... thanks Irene
ReplyDelete