At last, I can now show you all pictures of the Hall in Netherton. It's taken quite a while to get to this point and the final items to be added will be some floral decorations. Hopefully my forthcoming trip to York will sort that out.
On passing through the front door we enter the Vestibule
For this I purchased an identical front door and surround, removed the top decoration and added foamboard sides. Stained glass was added to the front and side windows. It has a black and white tiled floor and a mat well.

On either side of the Vestibule sit two upholstered chairs
Chair detail
The first thing you see on entering is the Grand Staircase with it's sumptuous red carpet
The grand staircase has ironwork spindles and two newel posts with lights from Ray Storey. The flooring is from Susan Bembridge. The Hall tables and pictures were created by me. The door to the left leads to the Dining Room and the door to the right, to the Drawing Room.
Upstairs we reach the first floor landing complete with stained glass window and more artwork.
On arriving at first floor level there will be the Morning Room to the left and a Study/Library to the right. The staircase on the right hand side leads to the Second Floor and bedrooms right and left. The pediments are from Sue Cook.
Below is the view from the Bathroom to the Second Floor landing and staircase to the Housemaid's Closet and Strong Room. There are two further rooms on the Third Floor level as yet to be determined.
Ground and First Floor
This is the "fourth wall" showing the French doors to balcony. Curtain fabric from Susan Bembridge.
View from balcony
French doors and vestibule (the "fourth wall")















Thank you for the tour! The stairs and especially the landing on the first floor are spectacular.
ReplyDeleteGeneviève
I love it all!! I do think the fourth wall is an essential element for finishing especially if you have a house with any side windows and your fourth walls are always just as detailed and interesting as the main house. This is a gorgeous entrance to a grand house and every tiny thing is in step. I love your work. marilyn
ReplyDeleteWow! I love the vestibule -- great idea! The curved railing is stunning. Beautiful work all around! :D
ReplyDeleteThis is beautiful Irene! I love the warm colours of the wall with the lights on. And the vestibule idea was fantastic!
ReplyDeleteHello Irene,
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful. The entrance is so grand and makes quite a statement. The rooms are lovely and beautifully decorated, but the staircase is simply stunning. Fantastic work!
Big hug
Giac
Hello Irene,
ReplyDeleteYour entrance hall and stairs are just fabulous. You have such wonderful taste! It's just food for the soul to look at your pictures....gorgeous!
All the best
Vivian
Hello Irene,
ReplyDeleteI just found your blog...That house is soooo beautiful! I love the entrance, floors, stairs, curtains, windows... everything!
Best Regards: Lea
Sorry I'm late.
ReplyDeleteI love this hallway, Irene, especially the subtle pink walls. They set off the stair runner perfectly, and all the details you have added work so well together. It's grand a smart yet still comfortable.
Best wishes
Si
Hi Irene! What a wonderful lot of work you have done on the Hall!!! I love the vestibule! It is such an unusual part for a mini building... yet so many of the houses I've lived in have them... and they are so useful in colder climates! The marble flooring is beautiful and the wrought iron balusters are perfect for this hall! It is all really elegant and inviting at the same time! I Love those lights from Ray Storey!!! I have been wanting to make one like that for my Cupboard House.... one of the things that stalled my progress on that build... :/ I really love the half moon curve in the upper hall floors... that is a really lovely touch! And the views in through the doors and balconies are just wonderful! This Hall is really setting a Grand tone for the rest of the House! Keep up the great work!!!
ReplyDeleteWow your entrance is gorgeous. I could imagine myself in a very elegant gown walking up these wonderful stairs. Everything is just perfect. Wonderful job Irene.
ReplyDeleteHugs Maria
Beautiful formal entry, love those upholstered chairs!!
ReplyDeleteNow this what I call MAKING AN ENTRANCE! WOW Irene! I think that adding a vestibule is absolutely Brilliant and I love the way you've done it too! You are a master when it comes to knowing how things aught to be done and then you proceed to do them BEAUTIFULLY! I love everything about your hall especially your grand staircase! Nothing blue collar here! Well done! :D
ReplyDeleteelizabeth
I've really enjoyed looking at these photos of your entrance and vestibule. Everything has been done to your usual perfection Irene. Love it all but the wrought ironwork and bannister rails are a real joy along with that red carpet. Wow!
ReplyDeleteVery nice
ReplyDelete