Tuesday, 3 July 2018

Playing

Not a lot has been happening in Netherton recently despite finding the long awaited rug shown in the last post.    I still need to add pictures, a few accessories and fill the cabinet.    The problem is I wont know until I see these items that they are what I'm looking for!     So, bearing that in mind, I decided to move on to the Morning Room.     The Morning Room sits to the left on the First Floor and opposite the Study/Library.


The whole room has been given a white basecoat and a false wall has been put in to create niches which will eventually be shelved for ornaments.    The mirror is a laser cut affair that will need "mirror" card to be added and the fireplace needs a brick back.    Wallpaper to ceiling height and embossed panels below are the order of the day.


Entry is by way of the door front right.   This room is solely for the Lady of the house, where she answers correspondence, prepares menus, settles accounts, does a bit sewing/embroidery and plays the piano.    She will also entertain her lady friends here.


Lots to do and lots of planning ahead.   I have a good few pieces for this room already but I love this planning stage.

11 comments:

  1. I love the niches. They're so perfect for the room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The landing is stunning. I'm sure you'll have a great time working on the morning room. I'm looking forward to seeing more.
    Geneviève

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love planning too Irene! It is the best part for me! And this room is going to be lovely. Already the bones say feminine and relaxing. This is going to be fun finishing this room! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Irene! I love the beginning stages of any new project!!! So much "daydreaming" involved! The Morning Room is looking lovely and has so much potential! Don't we all wish we had houses large enough to have a "Morning Room" in RL! I could sit there forever! LOL! (Except it would fill up with dollhouses!) I look forward to seeing how this room progresses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. C'est un superbe projet avec beaucoup beaucoup de travail et c'est très sympa d'en suivre la réalisation !!
    A bientôt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pre-planning stages often takes as much time as the building does however, I believe , as you do, that it's crucial to have a good idea of where you want to end up. You landing is very elegant and seques beautifully into your Morning Room.
    I love the niches and the fireplace with the guided frame over it, which sets the style and the direction for the future decorations, which I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing!
    keep it coming Irene! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I keep forgetting how posh Netherton is! It is a lovely house and inch by inch you are adding more and more interesting features. I really can visualise this lovely room coming into being. Like everyone else I am really looking forward to it happening. You always find the most beautiful and appropriate things. M

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah yes, the planning stage - a favourite part for most of us (my most favourite part if I'm honest). I love the mirror, amazing what is happening now with technology when this would have been hand carved in the past. I like the alcoves, crying out for books and bits and bobs.
    Happy planning...
    Simon

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it's going to be a lovely room. I love that round stairwell and floor. I like the planning stage, trouble is I spend too much time doing it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Irene,

    I look forward to seeing how you will decorate this room. I like the idea of incorporating the niches in the wall Good luck with this room.

    ReplyDelete