Sunday, 23 December 2018

Morning Room Update

Apologies to my followers for the slow progress with this room since I last posted.    Work has been happening in the RL house and my time was taken up with that.    I do however now have something to show you.    It's not much but I'm further along than I was and can now see the room starting to take shape.


You may remember from the previous photos that I had created arched niches on the fireplace wall.   I was happy with that until I had the idea to add decorative trim to the top.   That's when they became square!


I'm working on furniture at the moment and searching for suitable curtain fabric.


I hope to work more on this during the holidays so, until then, I'd like to wish all my followers a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful room. The alcoves are wonderful. looking forward to seeing more of this room.
    Wishing you a very Happy Christmas.
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's coming together beautifully and I can't wait to see it progress in 2019!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new square niches and how you pulled the detail around the room by adding it above the door. This room is fast becoming one of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Only just found this, Irene, I am more than a month behind in my blog reading... Christmas and all that. What a lovely calm room I can imagine all the pretty things you will dress it with. Anticipation.

    ReplyDelete