Since my last update I have been busy!
The little chaise in the photo below has been in my stash for ages and I thought it would fit very well in the Morning Room. As it was a barewood piece it got varnished and upholstered. At the time of finishing it I didn't have the two chairs sited to the left but when it was placed with what I did have, it didn't really do it for me so an alternative had to be found.
I made one! I know I said last time that I wouldn't be making any more sofas after creating the suite now placed in the Drawing Room but it seemed the only way to get what I wanted and besides it is fun creating it. Many thanks again to Kris (One Inch Minis) for her excellent tutorials.
Below, you can see my foamboard structure. The chairs are barewood, waiting to be re-upholstered and were an Etsy purchase.
Ta-da! This is the sofa in situ with borrowed cushions. I didn't want to fall into the "brown" trap that I had with the Drawing Room so here, I'm trying for a much lighter, airier feel. My next task will be to find suitable fabric to recover the chairs.
Les Chinnoiserie fabric has been used for the curtains (shown here on the "fourth" wall). I doubt very much that the floral display will stay but is fine for the time being.
I'm glad that, at last, I feel progress is being made with this room as I struggled for a while. Now that the sofa issue has been resolved I'm hoping it wont be so long between posts.






I love your sofa, perfect style for this room.
ReplyDeleteGeneviève
Congratulations on your new comfy sofa Irene! You've done a great job of it and it I LOVE the upholstery fabric you've chosen for it. I Also Adore your drapes and can't wait to see how you'll change the chairs! :D
ReplyDeleteelizabeth
p.s. If you have any of the curtain fabric left, perhaps it would serve for an extra cushion for your lovely sofa
Just about to suggest the curtain fabric for a couple of cushions and then a couple of plain ones. Beginning to think the two chairs work well with the curtains, the sofa and the light feel for this room - maybe don't re-upholster? So right to have a light cheery morning room - the whole purpose of it. The fine work on the sofa needs acknowledging - lovely crisp edges. Let me know when you start into production for sale.......
ReplyDeleteHello Irene,
ReplyDeleteTerrific job on the sofa. the lines are so clean and it look very well built. I like the fabric you chose very much and it works well in the room. I cannot wait for more.
Big hug
Giac
Hi Irene! I love the Chinoiseries fabric for the curtains! I think you should also use them on your chairs... it is such a pretty pattern and brings color into the room without being too bold. The new sofa is a triumph! You are brave to build your own... something I keep meaning to "try" out! I like the color and light feel in this room so far! I look forward to more! :)
ReplyDeleteHi Irene. This is such a warm, sunny room, it’s really lovely. I think the sofa you made is excellent and it provides a nice balance to the more ornate chairs. The room remains elegant but not stuff. Beautiful work! X
ReplyDeleteI love your sofa you done a wonderful job on it. This room is very beautiful somewhere nice to linger. I love your drapes the fabric is so pretty. Looking forward to seeing more.
ReplyDeleteHugs Maria