When I was trying to come up with a name for this blog at it's inception I wanted it to include any smaller project I embarked on alongside the Netherton project - hence "Small & Stately". I'm afraid there hasn't been much "Small" lately but now...………….yes, there is a small project happening.
We have little people in our family now and they are of an age where they now "get" Christmas. So, I thought it was about time I embarked on a Christmas Room Box, something I've been itching to do for years. Probably more for me than them!!
I've always liked a particular Dolls House Emporium box which is unfortunately no longer available but I managed to purchase two from Ebay quite some time ago and they've been languishing in the attic every since. Until now, that is!
This is what I've got to work with -
The previous owner had already scraped off any paper and décor previously used but the uprights and part of the frame came apart while it was stored. Fortunately it is a simple job to put everything back in place and add the acrylic.
So far I've papered and fitted carpet but of course I couldn't resist having a little play. Since then, I've been to the York Miniature Fair and managed to pick up a good selection of Xmas bits to add.
Work has now progressed with the room box and it is finally finished and on display for the little people.
*Please excuse the quality of the pics - I am no photographer! More "aim and fire".
I'd also like to wish all my followers a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!








That Christmas scene is just delightful. I'm sure your little people will be absolutely enchanted by it.
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas Irene! Your roombox is gorgeous and has lots of fun accessories. That Santa plate on the wall is lovely. Have a great Christmas with your family. All the best for 2020 and hope to see more minis! Xx
ReplyDeleteHa quedado preciosa.
ReplyDeleteCelebro que encontraras el escenario que querías para trabajar.
Un saludo
How Adorable this entire scene is Irene, and what a chuckle seeing Santa sleeping like a log, after such a Hard Day's Night!
ReplyDeleteYour Real "little" people, will get such a kick out of examining the interior of the scene inside this easily viewable roombox and seeing their stockings filled with care on the fireplace, the wrapped parcels and the sparkle of the Christmas tree along with the teeny tiny model railroad Santa just finished assembling right before he fell sound asleep in the chair!
Oh the Wonder of it All: Especially when you're small!
Merry Christmas to you Irene, and to all of your family too! :D
elizabeth
Oh it's gorgeous! Love all the little touches. And Santa sleeping is great, like this was his last house and he's just 'resting his eyes' for a moment.
ReplyDeleteReally gorgeous!!! Merry Christmas to you too!!!
ReplyDeleteGeneviève
Your roombox is lovely. Christmas is magical with little ones around.
ReplyDeleteSuch a wonderfully charming little scene with so many fun things to pick out! I bet the little ones will be enamored!
ReplyDeleteIt is a lovely moment in time. I do hope the cat wakes Santa soon so he can disappear up the chimney.
ReplyDeleteHi Irene! I am so glad to see this "Small" project here! I love the dozing Santa concept! (Don't we all feel that way at the end of Christmas Eve?) I am hoping someday to make a little Christmas room box... this has whetted my appetite... I will have to start making my plans! :):) Happy Holidays to you, and especially the little ones!
ReplyDelete