Friday, 12 June 2020

The Study

Well, at last (now that the paint issue has been resolved) I have finally finished The Study.   It's a decent sized space measuring 16" x 16" x 91/2" (40.64 x 40.64 x 24.13 cms).

Here's a wee reminder of what it looked like the last time I posted.



As mentioned previously, the owner of this space has a very keen interest in all things Egyptian hence the two figures on either side of his fireplace.    There is also a small framed camel rug on the chimney breast.


His black suite was made by me as were the cushions


In the corner,  but missing from the above photo, there is a book on architectural paintings by  (Joseph Nash)



In the right hand corner there hangs a print of a recent Egyptian trip and below is his most recent purchase and something he's terribly proud of - his gramophone and some records!





Further down on the right hand wall there is his desk which contains letters, documents, some cash and a sheet of (period correct) stamps.    (There are a further six drawers in this desk that could be filled but three is as far as I got in terms of what to put there!)



I think the pen set warrants a closer look (purchased from Miniatura some time ago) and the stamp collection is a marvellous creation showing (if you look in the magnifying glass) a close up of the stamp beneath.



On the coffee table there is of course the obligatory wine and cigars and a Dateman book on Egypt.






The "fourth wall" of the room holds a drinks cabinet which will have contents once I manage to track down bottles small enough to fit!






10 comments:

  1. Your Study is Exactly what I would imagine an avid Egyptologist and Explorer would surround himself with Irene!
    I Love the richness of the colours in the carpet and how good it looks with the 3 piece suite and the drapes- PERFECT!
    I believe that every man of substance should have a Study of comfortable furniture to lounge about and snooze in, to smoke cigars and drink his scotch with friends, read the papers and work on his stamp collection, while he listens to recordings of Mozart playing on his precious Gramophone, ( i.e the movie Out of Africa).
    And I Absolutely ADORE the photograph of his recent Egyptian expedition which (if I were he); I'd have hanging pride of place over the fireplace where he and all his gentleman friends could fully appreciate and of course, Envy! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an excellent room and incredible group of perfectly themed and supporting accessories! Like Elizabeth, I, too, enjoy the color palette and find it superbly masculine. The drapes and the wallpaper together are divine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great display and "artifacts" Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Irene! Love all the details and accessories. The room is stylish and masculine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great room!!! And with all the details we know more about its owner, great collection of stamps and I love the picture of a trip to Egypt. As always you amaze me with all the perfect accessories you add to a room.
    Geneviève

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Irene! As always, you have such a Great collection of accessories for your room! I Love the stamp collection...! Who would have imagined such a great detail!?! The carpet is lovely and the black furniture you made is truly outstanding and sets the tone for elegant but not too formal. The Egyptian artifacts are so unusual! And the gramophone is not something you see every day either. You have really captured the feeling of a specific era with these details! Bravo for pulling this all together with the Right color! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Irene, what a great study. i like the atmowphere tat the decor and choice of colours bring. It looks and feels like a cosy retreat for reading a good book while enjoying an occasional sip from a glass of claret or port!

    Huibrecht

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Irene, just catching up on a neglected month of blog reading. The study manages to be both opulent and comfy; certainly everything this erudite gent needs. IAs always I love every little detail. I know how much work goes into construction andfinding fabrics and rugs etc but I do just love the pens and papers and books and camel and, and, and. He maybe needs a pipe rack. As for his drinks cabinet it needs decanters - and guess what they will fit in where wine bottles won't. This man likes his sherry and port and a drop of scotch....water not needed, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW what a fabulous room. The beautiful rich colours blend so well. I love all the details.

    ReplyDelete