Monday, 3 August 2020

And now for something completely different.......

Something "small" this time for posting under Small & Stately.

While browsing a miniature Facebook group that I'm a member of, a fellow miniaturist recently posted her progress with a very nice jigsaw.    I had completely forgotten about jigsaws and it's years since I'd done one.

The jigsaw in question was a Queen Mary's Dolls House cross section.   I was impressed so hunted around and got one.   I also got a slightly smaller one, 1,000 pieces, called Upstairs Downstairs.   The plan being, given the subject matter of both jigsaws, is to mount and frame them on completion and hang them in my hobby room.


Ta da!    First jigsaw, Upstairs Downstairs is complete.


A couple of coats of Mod Podge on either side and it's now secure enough to frame.

Now it's in it's frame -


There is a slight problem however.   It's huge!    We live in a 1970s built house and while the ceiling heights aren't bad, they're definitely not "Stately"!   Finding a space for it alongside seven mini properties (all on cabinets) is unfortunately not going to happen.    Worringly, the Queen Mary jigsaw will be even bigger once framed.   Despite that, it was a lovely thing to do and most enjoyable.

I've definitely given myself something to think about.    Once I've sorted that out, I'll let you know.


3 comments:

  1. It's a lovely jigsaw and perfect to give you inspiration for your dollhouse. The queen Mary's Dollhouse jigsaw must be amazing. I saw this dollhouse twice and it is truly stunning and an inspiration for all miniaturists. I hope you can find a place for both.
    Geneviève

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Genevieve. I've updated this post with a pic of the QM Dolls House and I agree, the real thing is definitely something to see.

      Delete
  2. Seguro que después del trabajo de realizar una obra tan bonita, encontrarás el sitio adecuado para disfrutar de su vista.
    Un saludo

    ReplyDelete