Saturday, 16 July 2022

Her Ladyship's Bedroom

Hello everyone.   No, I haven't gone away or stopped with the minis.    I was actually quite shocked to see I hadn't posted anything here for almost two years!    For a while, I lost the impetus then I got into gardening but did do some work with the above room although I didn't post about it.

I now have pictures to show you which I hope you'll enjoy.    The room is 16 inches square by 9.5 inches high (40.64cms square x 24.13cms high).    To add some interest there is a false wall at the back where I was able to create a small display space.   The door to the left is the entrance to a Dressing Room.


The chimney breast was situated on the right hand wall as there is a corresponding chimney breast and fireplace through the wall in the bathroom - to make it more "real".


The right side of the room shows her very comfy rocking chair and the Bureau with a selection of letters


On the left hand side of the bed  you can see a full length mirror, the dressing table and a modesty screen.   On the little tripod table there is a box of Turkish Delight.





The back wall now has a filled display space


To the left of the bed you will see a collar and bag displayed on the screen.   These items were very kindly made by Jonquil of Latchkey & Jonquil and sent to me as a gift.   This was quite some time ago as I wanted to find the exact place that would do these lovely little items justice.   Thank you Jonquil.  They're perfect!

The little end of bed sofa was a standard purchased mini which had it's original covering removed and replaced with a more co-ordinating fabric.




The photos below show the full room (unlit and lit).   It doesn't really look it but this room took ages.   Although I wasn't posting here, I was working on this space as and when.  



The fourth wall.


Thank you for looking and while I haven't posted on anyone's blog that I follow, I did occasionally dip in to see what you were all up to and now that I'm back in the swing of things, I'll be posting more regularly.    It's the Gentleman's Room next and work has already started on that.





7 comments:

  1. Welcome back. 😃 It will be nice seeing how the next rooms of this project develops. This bedroom has turned out to be very cosy.

    Huibrecht

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely to see you back with this great room. It is always a pleasure to see your work, as always it is well thought out and full of wonderful things.
    Geneviève

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Irene! It's wonderful to see these posts from you! Blogs have been rather quiet lately so it is always great to see that you are still making minis! I do love the details you add to all your rooms! And you are so good at knowing what you are trying to put together and just how the room should be accessorized. I love the trinkets on the dresser and the Turkish Delight on the little table! The gifts from Jonquil are beautiful! The tester on the be is very elegant and the rocker looks so comfortable! I think this is the sort of room the Lady would never want to leave! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Irene! Great to see you still chipping away! I was actually thinking of you at the weekend, so seeing a new post was good timing! The room is beautiful. Very serene and comfortable but still elegant. Some beautiful accessories in this room. I am like you - I need just the right accessory and anything less looks wrong. Take care and keep posting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Irene! It's so nice to see you, and with such a beautiful room completed! I am glad to hear that you have still been making progress on the house - the lady's room has so many charming details, and I love the wallpaper and accent colors. I love the drapes and the bedding - how did you achieve the accent pillow that matches the wallpaper? You've chosen so many gorgeous furniture pieces, too! Welcome back! Can't wait to see your progress on the gentleman's room!

    ReplyDelete