Monday, 19 March 2012

I'm Back!


I think I've managed to do justice to Netherton after this visit!   The majority of my purchases are for this property - it just worked out that way.   Despite taking a list I managed to find a lot of things that weren't on it (isn't that just the way?)

There's only one organiser who has fairs up here so I must admit to taking full advantage when I'm on my twice yearly trip to Miniatura - and I think it shows!   It was also smaller this time round (in my opinion) but the quality was as good as ever and there were some really wonderful minis to be seen.



Update:  Andy mentioned in his post that some of the items were difficult to see (I was obviously in too much of a hurry to get the pictures up!) so here are more detailed pics:   The little wooden item and yellow piece beside it is a butter pat from Pear Tree Miniatures, the two little black items are boot scrapers, the little box at the front of the second pic is a little watch case with a watch inside and there's a little pen and ink stand to the left on the meat safe in the first picture - that was another item from Danny Shotton.

13 comments:

  1. Muy lindas tus compras
    Un abrazo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! what a hoard! You really were busy! There really are some lovely things there, I can't make out what everything is, but I remember seeing several of the things you bought at the fair! I like the little painted tray and the baskets of food. The hot water can will look great too, especially if you give it a copper or brass finish!

    Did you buy the door at miniatura too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andy. The bits are mostly accessories as I've not got much in that respect for this property. Loads of building bits but nothing that adds that final touch and yes, the door was from Miniatura too - a chap called Joseph Hill, I think.

      Delete
  3. You got a lot of great buys.
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hell oIrene,
    Now THAT is a shopping spree. Very well done! You always pick beautifully.
    I love the apples and the mushrooms.
    Hugs,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow.. your Netherton looks great so far, Irene! Every little wonderful purchase will find its place there, I'm sure. Guess you had a lot of fun at the fair. I'm a new admirer of your property :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous pieces, Irene -- and I'm in love with your boot scrapers :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see them in the house.
    Geneviève

    ReplyDelete
  8. You get so much wonderful things.
    Hugs from Craftland

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE those Tiniest things Irene, the watch case with a Watch inside it!!! The Ink stand... the boot scrapers!!! And the Molded Butter !!! We had a square wooden box butter mold with a pattern of flowers.... Butter never looked Better nor tasted as sweet!!! Such Wonderful details!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I did go to town a bit, didn't I? Items such as the pen and ink and the butter pat would never have entered my head if I'd stuck rigidly to the list! These were must haves. I'm going to need an awful lot of accessories for this property.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! What a stash.
    So many lovely little goodies. Is that a painting of King George? I really like it, the apples the mushrooms, and i love the little watering can!!!

    All gorgeous!!

    ML Fi x

    ReplyDelete