I'd seen a couple of these stoves at fairs and was sorely tempted more than once but they were quite expensive so, at the time I left it.
I don't know why, but one day when painting, I looked at the pot and thought "Yes! An iron stove"
Can you see it too?
I don't have a photo of the next stage but I added some banding (wood strips) around the top of the pot and around the centre. Used the top pointy bit of four spindles to give me legs, fashioned a door from balsa and filled in the hole on the top. I have no idea what the funnel started life as, it just seemed perfect for the task.
Next the whole thing was given a couple of coats of my favourite metal effect Humbrol paint then a quick buff when dry.
And here's the finished article.
It's not a phenomenal masterpiece but I like it and it does the job.
Did you know that the Laundry Maids used to colour code their irons? Obviously to prevent one person from taking the hottest one all the time!






I think it's phenomenal. Great ingenuity at work! :D
ReplyDeleteWow Irene what a fantastic idea.It looks amazing. Now which bin did I put that pot :D
ReplyDeleteHugs Maria
Genius Irene, pure genious.
ReplyDeleteIt looks very convincing and totally works in the room.
Very well done!
Big hug,
Giac
Dear Irene,
ReplyDeleteWhat kind of paint you use ?? I don't know that kind of paint. But it's a wonderful stove !! It's nice to see how creative people can be !!
Regards Dorien.
Hello Dorien - I'm pleased you like my stove. Thank you.
DeleteThe paint is an enamel paint available in tiny pots. You can purchase it on ebay or at their official site: http://www.humbrol.com/search/?searchguid=201282302316 It's also available here from model shops.
LOVE it! Irene, that is truly brilliant! I'm going to have to look into that paint, too! Looks great in your room. Have a great week,
ReplyDeleteJohn
Ha ha, this conundrum had me thinking very hard during my holidays; I was wrong about the yoghurt pot! Great idea - I love it when inspiration strikes so creatively!
ReplyDeleteHi Irene, great use of the old glue pot, and the finished result looks very good. Yes, i think I am going to have to invest in some of that paint too!
ReplyDeleteWow, Irene, this is some of imagination! I see the pot and I couldn't imagine such a stove... the final result is fantastic.
ReplyDeleteGreat stove! You've done wonders!
ReplyDeleteHugs, Drora