I seem to have purchased more for this property this time round than for the others and I have to exert extreme self control at fairs as this is such a large property, I could go mad unless I condition myself to only purchase bits for the current job in hand - hence the need for a list. I'm very good at sticking to the list.
For the basement I have a log, axe and some firewood (I never thought of those additions until I saw them which is a slight deviation from the list but I think I'm allowed one deviation!), some jugs - always useful, a selection of cloths (these will either be stored in drawers or out on view), spectacles and their case for one of the staff - not sure which yet, a fire bucket, some dado rail, white wall tiles, a general box and a non-working clock from Halls Miniature Clocks.
The only downside to this trip was the journey home. After getting the 6pm train from York, I didn't arrive in Edinburgh until 10.40pm due to delays. There was then a half hour journey home. Still, it could have been worse, it could have been snowing!

Lascio un commento su questo blog, ma ho letto e guardato gli altri due. Come sempre i tuoi acquisti sono interessanti. Ho preso lezione da te, ed anche io per il mio Bethany Cottage ho fatto una lista, ma ho sgarrato anch'io qualche volta. Con le miniature incantevoli che ci sono e facile deviare dal percorso stabilito.
ReplyDeleteI am excited to see how your new purchase will look at their proper place.
ReplyDeleteHugs
Wyrna
Wow the axe and log are amazing. I love the jugs. Wonderful buys. I cant wait to see them in their place.
ReplyDeleteHugs Maria
Lovely choices. Very useful.
ReplyDeleteMore beautiful purchases.
ReplyDeleteGeneviève
Glad you made it to York and hope you had a great day there. It is one of my favourite shows - enough to go at and not too heaving. Your finds (in all your blogs) are lovely of course - especially love the jugs and would love to know where you got the cloths - I so need those. Notice you visited the lovely Jane Harrop's stand - can never resist her stuff. Why try?
ReplyDeleteMarilyn
Love the axe and log and that wouldn't have been on my list either, but you're quite right about needing a list. I find that while hunting around, I loose focus and forget about the things you do need to find, because of all the things that find you instead!
ReplyDeleteLove the chopping block and basket of firewood, what a neat detail to add. Beautiful selection, worth the journey! - believe me, who has never been to a miniature fair because the closest is 333 miles away!!!
ReplyDeleteI love your purchases, especially the axe fixed in the stump, and the firewood, worth the trip I am sure.
ReplyDeleteHi Irene! I have to say that you are One very focused lady sticking almost exclusively to your list! I love the purchases that you have made with each item being a Good Buy! I don't mind deviating if I feel the items in question are unique and useful and everything that I see that you've picked is Truly Wonderful! Have fun playing! :D
ReplyDeleteelizabeth
Perfect details again!!! The log and axe are Wonderful... as are the glasses in the glasses case!!! It is that kind of perfection that you do so well.... and I find it very inspiring!!!
ReplyDelete