I will really have to get my finger out and get mini-ing. Despite having been home for months since my trip to Miniatura in March, I haven't yet put away the minis I brought home and here I am away on another jolly to another mini fair and I still haven't put any of the minis away.
I'm beginning to think I'm just a "purchaser" - at least that's what it feels like at the moment.
At this particular fair I "purchased" a spiffy new mat (for work that has yet to be done but which is halfway finished in my head!), some clamps, some electrical strips and a fancy wooden thingy that I thought might make an excellent room divider of sorts.
Unfortunately I can't remember who I purchased this little cookery book from but it's destined for the Netherton Still Room. The Still Room has actually been started and is not languishing in some little corner of my brain so there is some progress!
These wall lights are by Ray Storey - he has the most amazing selection of stuff - plus another little fitting I'm waiting to be delivered as he didn't have one in stock. Again, these will be fitted in the Still Room.
I'd been racking my brain to come up with something that resembled rows of nail heads and the only thing I could think of that might have done the job was self-adhesive strips of dots used for cardmaking/crafting but it's hard to work out size when viewing them online and I don't have a crafty shop nearby.
This length of tiny tiny beads will do the job perfectly and I got them from Tee Pee Crafts. I'd love to have bought more from that stand but I sometimes find it all a bit overwhelming. There's pots and pots of stuff, all different sizes and all different designs and I find the more I look at it, the less I see. I'm sure there's a nack to purchasing from these guys but I've yet to work out what it is! Back to online, I suppose.
The seller of the letter rack and ink wells was a New Zealander who unfortunately had neither business cards nor website but did have an amazing selection of bits at very reasonable prices and it was quite difficult to choose.
The bells were also from this particular seller. They were presented either attached to a backboard (with the room names below) or available separately so they could be attached in any configuration I wanted. I went for the separate ones as I have an idea for them.
I also picked up the parquet flooring sheet from Jennifers of Walsall. This item was at the top of my list - I would have been really miffed if I hadn't been able to get this!
My final purchase from the New Zealand seller and my favourite item of the show is this little Box Brownie camera, instruction manual, negative folder and spare roll of film all presented in an RL film pot.
I love it!
One final thing - we went on a little trip up the coast to Whitby and en route I had a "light bulb moment". An idea for a new project "pinged" but I'm not saying any more! I've got two properties to finish first, not including this one - lol!







Hi Irene, I love all your "stuff", especially the servants bells. I can't wait to learn more about your new project. An antiques shop perhaps? It would certainly help find a home for your left over bits and pieces.
ReplyDeleteBest wishes
Simon x
There is a time for everything. This is your time for shopping. Later will be crafting time. :-) I like the bells and think the camera equipment in a film canister is clever!
ReplyDeleteHi Irene! What is not to love about all of these very neat items that you have collected?! Everything that I have ever seen you do has always been well thought out and so I am positive that there is a plan for each and every wonderful thing that you have shown. The little camera that was in the film canister is a dream and I also love the inkwells and the letter holder!
ReplyDeleteIt was great that you were able to get the parquet flooring just as you had planned. I have often set out with a list and come home with everything Except what I had written down. :)) This is a good mix of both craft and collectables.... Have Fun! :D
elizabeth
Hi Irene
ReplyDeleteI agree with Grandmommy. This is your time for shopping. I was the same about a year ago. Before I started my manor. I had nowhere to build it, but boy have I got all the furniture now..(well nearly - I don't think we're ever really finished!). Love the lights and everything else, it's always lovely to get what you want, and to find little unplanned extras too. I'm excited to find out what your next project is..don't keep us waiting too long :)
All the best
Vivian
Hello Irene,
ReplyDeleteFantastic pieces! you found some real treasures...I am just a little jealous you found those perfect bells.
big hug,
Giac
Hi Irene! I LOVE those "ping-y" moments... but dread the resulting... "where am I going to put this project" moments! Because we all know the project Will be started sooner rather than later! LOL!
ReplyDeleteYour purchases are Awesome... but that tiny camera with the film roll is unbelievable! I look forward to seeing all these treasures in their "Homes"! As usual.... you amaze me with the selectivity of your purchases!
Everything is great, but I love the cookery book and I must say the bells are a must for your house.
ReplyDeleteGeneviève
Hi Irene, the New Zealand ladies were lovely but they aren't a business - they were two ladies accompanying another one fulfilling her bucket list to do a show in the UK (she was Welsh origins). they are members of a club and brought things to sell made by themselves and friends - wasn't their stuff just the best!! How sad they were a one-off. So you did well to snaffle some things while you could. Marilyn
ReplyDeleteWonderful purchases Irene. I love the tiny camera it is amazing. The inkwells and letter holder is beautiful. The bells are perfect. Enjoy all your great treasures.
ReplyDeleteHugs Maria
It is some lovely purchases you've made. It is also clear that it all fits so well for your project. I wish you good creative spirit.
ReplyDeleteHugs
Wyrna
More great miniatures, I love that camera too! I also need to crack on with some miniature work, I have been very lazy so far this year! Sounds like you have an exciting new project, does Whitby feature in the story somehow? Can't wait to find out!!
ReplyDeleteAndy x
Hi Irene, sorry it took me so long to comment again.
ReplyDeleteWell, your shopping time quite paid off! Great purchases, the letter rack and inkwells, the bells, the camera especially... real eye candy!
Hugs,
Gee