I arrived back from my trip to London yesterday. What a great time we had. The trip was a present from my sister and included all the usual sightseeing trips, a night at the theatre to see Les Miserables and a visit to the Kensington Dolls House Fair.
This was a first for me and it was a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon. Lots of lovely exhibitors with lots of lovely minis to view.
Firstly, the big stuff: flooring - Susan Bembridge; ceiling rose - Jennifers of Walsall; dumb waiter - Masters Miniatures; skirting - Wood Supplies; cherry pie preparation and screen (sorry, can't remember the sellers of those two items)
Secondly, the wee stuff (and I've named the seller where possible): naïve prints and chamber pot; store cupboard essentials; Thomas Crapper toilet rolls - Valerie Claire Miniatures; newspapers - Aidan Campbell; wine carafe - Gerd Felka; wine glasses and soda syphon - Glasscraft; half a dozen eggs, sliced bread with knife; servant's bell pulls - Jennifers of Walsall; lady's tortoiseshell dressing table set and light bulb - Truly Scrumptious.
This last item was a gift from my sister and they are destined for another property. Two pigeons - David Ward.
There were one or two items from the list that I didn't manage to get but as I didn't spend all the budget I can now have an online spree!



Belle minis, Irene! Sono stata in viaggio di nozze a Londra, ed ora mi piacerebbe ritornarvi,....ma spero anch'io di farlo in occasione di una data del KDF.
ReplyDeleteOooooh Irene, I am inwardly squeaking with pleasure - such lovely, lovely things - beginning to wonder why I have painted myself into a corner with an 1820 date when all this stuff is around for just that wee bit later. Tortoiseshell dressing table set and glasses and and and I so want them all. They are lovely, well done you.
ReplyDeleteYou got a lot of wonderful items. I love the pigeons.
ReplyDeleteHugs Maria
Hello Irene, your purchases look lovely. You really seemed to have had a brilliant time! Good for you! I am really hoping to get to Kensington for their Christmas fair.....but we'll see. A lot can happen between now and then.
ReplyDeleteAll the best
Vivian
Your finds are great! I love the pigeons. Must have been a trip to be envied. Enjoy all your new treasures.
ReplyDeleteHugs, Drora
So pleased you got to the Kensington show Irene! What a lovely sister to treat you! Looks like you really got stuck in and found some great miniatures! I notice you said you made a list! very sensible, I used to do this, but found I always ended up going 'off list' so much that I gave up and just bought what I liked the most, baring in mind periods etc, if I didn't stick to periods I would spend so much more!! ;)
ReplyDeleteGoing to shows is the best! :D You added some great things to your collection!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE THE PIGEONS!!!! your 2 birds are the cat's meow, and what a nice finish to all of the other WONDERFUL minis that you have purchased!
ReplyDeleteI know that you have a place intended for each one of them, just as you had for the Barrister's trunk that you stashed away until the room for it was ready.
Yes, I remembered! :D
elizabeth
Great purchases! And it's always so nice to mix a miniature fair with other cultural events.
ReplyDeleteGeneviève
Hello Irene,
ReplyDeleteI am so happy you got to have such a great time. Your purchases are all wonderful! I especially love the decanter from Gerd Felka!
Well done my friend!
Big hug,
Giac