More photos for you all. Well, I did say I would be able to really get on after the trip to Miniatura, didn't I?
After the grandeur of the Dining Room, we're shifting socially today and are now in the Upper Back Hallway at the top of the house. This space would not be visited by the owners of Netherton and is purely the domain of the servants hence the drab paint colours.
This is the only time anyone will be able to see the whole of this space as a wall will be fitted in front.
You can see the "stops" below where said wall will go.
Close up detail of the "stained glass"
I keep checking and double checking this space before committing to putting the wall up because once I do, that's it and I'm really anxious not to make a mistake and find I've forgotten to do some little job or other which would mean taking it all down and besides, I can't do it yet because I've got to fit another light in the space below and I can't do that yet because I haven't bought it.....................see what I mean?
I've no idea what my next job will be as I need to get my head around the order of things to come.





Ha ha
ReplyDeleteOh, Irene! I think we all feel your pain about double and triple checking before taking the plunge and permanently glueing something in place. I love this little landing area, the colours work well and there's plenty to look at when glimpsed from another room. Take the plunge...
Hi Irene! I know just how you are feeling about Triple checking prior to installing the permanent wall. I have to say though, that everything looks Wonderful to me and I especially like the stained glass window in the stairwell as well as the soft, muted colors that you have chosen for the landing.
ReplyDeleteHave you considered making the wall removable, perhaps held in with magnets, ... just in case? ;P
elizabeth
Hello Irene
ReplyDeleteThis little space is just lovely and when it's glimpsed from another room - that'll make it even more wonderful. I love doing that too. Giving glimpses of what might be beyond :) The colours are perfect and suit the area. I think you just take your time before putting up the wall, once it's up there's no going back without making a mess of your lovely house!
All the best
Vivian
I love your stained glass window. Its a lovely area so until you really Have too I would leave the wall and enjoy seeing this area for as long as you can :)
ReplyDeleteHugs Maria
Hi Irene! I Love it when the hidden spaces are made "real" even though they can barely be glimpsed! It means you can actually walk around in there in your mind.... imagining the life of the mini folk! These servants are fortunate to have such a well kept place to live! I think you will know when it is ready to glue in place! I can't wait to see more!
ReplyDeleteHi Irene, Hope you have a good weekend. Just catching up with some of your previous posts. Loved the china cupboard off the dining room.
ReplyDeleteHope you will be able to see something of the hallway through doors? windows? once the wall is in!
regards Janine