I have just returned from a four day jolly, with my sister, in York which included the Miniature Fair and some Christmas Shopping. We had an excellent time and I managed to pick up some (I think) excellent pieces.
1. Wall tiling, dado rail and wall panelling -
2. Pretty obvious - two side tables and a desk
3. Assorted must-haves: light fitting, ceiling rose, pictures, tatting and a handkerchief
4. More assorted must-haves: Documents, tea tray, gramophone, door handles, statues, a mix of kitchen items and door handles
5. Some undecorated vases and pots, little findings and flowery things (no idea where they'll be used but I'll think of something!)
6. These next two little items were at the top of my list - Georgian silver butter shells. I love them!
7. Finally, while not a mini, it's a RL Advent Calendar showing the Palladian Dolls House, Uppark, West Sussex and not purchased at the Fair. When it's done it's job as an Advent Calendar I thought it might look quite good in a frame - I'm thinking about that.







Looks like fun Irene, and some great purchases. Very pretty wall tiles (those World Model people make great tiles) and you'll find uses for the little flowers I sure. Fairs are so much fun, seeing what is on offer that isn't available anywhere else.
ReplyDeleteHello Irene,
ReplyDeleteYou seem to always find such wonderful items. The little butter dishes are just gorgeous. York Fair and Christmas shopping......a lovely combination!
All the best
Vivian
OOOOOHHH, what wonderful goodies!!! I LOVE that Advent calendar!!! (Is it available for order anywhere?) I have an old one that is a house decorated for Christmas, once all the doors are open that is! It has always reminded me of a dollhouse the way the rooms are all "open" to view! I use it again and again... even without opening any of the doors it is a charming House full of happy anticipation.
ReplyDeleteYour purchases, as usual, are so full of Specific potential.... I really look forward to seeing them in your finely crafted spaces! It sounds as though you had a Great time with your sister too! Happy Thanksgiving (from my mini worlds to yours!)
Great purchases!
ReplyDeleteGeneviève
You always manage to get some wonderful items Irene. Loving the advent calendar:)
ReplyDeleteYou picked some great treasures , Irene! And those butter dishes are amazing!
ReplyDeleteCan't believe we were at the same fair! You have such a good eye and spotted and bought some lovely things - are the butter dishes Mike Sparrow's work? They are gorgeous. You also found some nice door handles - I was on a serious rummage for some but never saw those. I can see all the potential for all the other things in your talented fingers. Well done you. I do enjoy York but the Spring visit was in lovely warm weather. Bravo to you and your sister doing the tour that weekend. Have you visited Fairfax House. Best ceilings bar none. Bit of a General Fairfax and Marvel fan. Marilyn
ReplyDeleteHello Irene,
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you enjoyed the fair and found such lovely pieces! Everything is lovely, but the butter dishes are amazing!
Big hug
Giac