Monday, 5 October 2015

This is how I blew the budget

I arrived back from Miniatura this afternoon laden with goodies!    The fair was smaller than past fairs but that in no way reduced the quality or selection of what was on offer.   There were some really lovely pieces I was sorely tempted by but I managed some self-control and only purchased those items which were needed for work at presently underway. 
 
Firstly, the much needed wood - cornices, skirtings and trims.   Unfortunately I forgot to get plain cornice and dado rail but no matter, I can get that online and there's enough in that little bundle to let me get cracking.    Iron-on flooring, lights, a radiator and two pineapple finials.
 
 
Second pic, paper decoration (to go between cornice and picture rail), bottle of port, wine label, silver wine coaster, Visitors book, two clocks, Parker pen, cigars, lamp, picture and (in the little bag) some wine glasses.

 
 
Third - a sink, some soap/cleaning products, a couple of brushes, mop and bucket, "stone" hot water bottles, cleaning cloth, a picture and lastly (and not for Netherton but the "finished" Tenement) a bowl of nuts - and I said The Tenement was finished?   Who was I kidding?


Finally, and my favourite two purchases of the day, two lamps and two silver salts.   I love them!

 
I'd better start saving for the York fair now!

11 comments:

  1. You did well, Irene! What a fine collection of things, I'm envious of that pile of wood! and those lamps are amazing!
    Thanks for sharing
    Si

    ReplyDelete
  2. Has hecho muy buenas compras . Valió la pena gastar el dinero
    Un beso

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, Irene,

    I love the port bottle and label! Can yo remember the maker/seller? Glad you had a good time, and I for one am very glad that the Tenement is not totally finished!

    Jonquil

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Irene,
    Well done! That is how one does a proper shopping spree. Everything is lovely, but I must say the lamps are incredible. What detail. I can't wait to see these new treasures in their new home.
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you found what you wanted. Great purchases!
    Geneviève

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy you found what you wanted! So very lovely items!
    Hugs
    Kikka

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Irene
    My my, that's what I call treating yourself! Lovely items, and so necessary to your project!
    I just love the final picture too, those lamps are just gorgeous. Well done! A successful shopping trip indeed.
    All the best
    Vivian

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOOOHHH, Irene, those Lamps are out of this world fantastic!!! I could wish I had them myself!!! And the bowl of nuts and the clocks.... everything you buy is always so well thought out!!! I really look forward to seeing some of these treasures "in situ"! Please get "cracking" on your build!!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You got a lot of fantastic treasures. The lamps are stunning. I love the box of cigars.
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
  10. Budget, smudget, who cares when you snaffle a pair of lamps and salts like those. Gorgeous. Everything else was lovely but they are decidedly show stoppers. Well done you. Same vendor? They look vintage. Isn't it a great feeling when you get home and see your things away from the other fifty thousand tiny items at the show. You just know How they will look and what pleasure you'll get from them. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! I can see why you blew your budget Irene but this is a Fabulous Haul and each piece is a real Treasure! You certainly know how to sniff out the Best Minis when you go to a Fair!
    Well Done and Have Fun!!! :D

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete