Sunday, 24 April 2016

More bathroom progress and.............something else!

The hobby room has been out of commission recently as I've had some alterations made so work on the Bathroom had to be put on the back burner until recently.   Everything is back to normal now and I have been able to get a bit more done.    We now have a bathroom suite!


The "tiled" walls are sheets from Jennifer's of Walsall, lighting by Ray Storey and the suite was a barewood set that I ordered from the US quite some time ago - way before I purchased Netherton and which I had been holding off using until the right property came along.



The furniture was painted then copies of marquetry panels were resized and fitted on to the panels then a coat of clear varnish was applied.


I still have to add all the little accessories but I'm tempted to leave that until my visit to the York Fair in June.  

..... and now for something completely different........


I have to confess that the reason there were some alterations being made to the hobby room was to add more sockets and move a radiator.   Why?    I've got a new property and this is it from Dolls House Direct. *    It measures 35 inches (88cms) high by  31 1/2 (80cms) inches wide x 22 1/2 inches (57cms) deep.

No blog as yet as there's not much to show, but I'm working on it!

* Thank you Gary for permission to use your stock photo.









9 comments:

  1. OH IRENE!!!!!!!
    I am SOOOOOO excited to see you have not only a new project, but is particular one - I agonised between getting this house or the one I have now (I'm pretty sure they are by the same maker). Anyway, now that you have this one I can sit back and thoroughly enjoy watching your progress.
    I cannot wait...
    Simon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Irene! Your bathroom is looking Fantastic! (Wish I had that much room for a bathroom! LOL!) The marquetry panels in the suite are perfect! Don't you just love it when you have had something for Ages and the Right project turns up?! (Justifies those random purchases, doesn't it!) Yes, York Fair should help you with the accessories! ;)
    The new property looks really exciting! I Love the Medieval look... I can't wait to see what you are going to do with it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bathroom is amazing. A new project, that's exciting. your new house is very interesting, I have never seen one like this before.
    Geneviève

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo Irene! I love that kit! I have drooled over it many a time. I am really looking forward to seeing how you go with it - it will be amazing. You have done a beautiful job of your Netherton bathroom too. The new suite looks beautiful with those wall tiles. Just the right mix of elegance and practicality.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bathroom is gorgeous. I love the colours and the panels just make that bathroom suite sing out; what a great idea. Love the next project - first thought Jane Eyre, second thought I could be the mad woman in the attic. Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Irene,
    I LOVE the bathroom, and, I love it when you buy something you love and then - eventually - find just the right place for it. It's lovely, just lovely.
    Now, the new house - how exciting! I love this house and am dying to see what way you are going to tackle it! Brilliant, a new project to follow!!
    All the best
    Vivian

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Irene,
    The bathroom tiles are perfect! I love how they look with the furniture. It is beautiful. I am so excited that you have a new project! It is a stunning property and I can't wait to see it come to life...looking forward to the new blog.
    Big hug
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Irene! You are one fortunate lady to have such a spacious bathroom in your doll's house, kitted out with such lovely fittings, and really Fabulous looking wall tiles! And now there is also a NEW house project lurking in the background- how Marvelous!
    It has a bit of a gothic look to it and so I am certain that it will contain a moody tale to tell, when the time comes to tell it! :D

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow what an impressive bathroom. I love the tiles.

    ReplyDelete