Tuesday, 11 July 2017

An Award and some new pieces

An exciting wee thing happened to me not that long ago.    I received a message advising me that Small & Stately had been given a "Top 100 Miniature Blog" award.   How cool is that?   I was so pleased.

The next good thing to happen recently was finding the kits created by Arjen of Arjen Spinhoven Miniatures    I love these.    Arjen is based in the Netherlands - and I must say, postage from there is very quick.  Great, because I'm not very good at waiting for stuff!

My most recent purchase is this Curule seat which is destined for The Great Hall in my other property Marsh Hall -


It is beautifully crafted and (once I got my head round it) very straightforward to put together.   As it's possible to enlarge the pictures on Arjen's site it is very easy to double check construction - very helpful when putting together this chair but not necessary with the other items I bought.


One of these "other items" was a pair of bookcases.    These have now taken up residence in the Drawing Room of Netherton



They have great detail and a lovely finish which can be varnished or painted.   The purchase of these little items meant I had to create lots of books which is in itself a very satisfying task.


Finally, my very first purchases from Arjen were this little Moorish stool and the umbrella stand.



I've used my favourite Metalcote paint on this and I'm very pleased with how it looks next to the main door of Marsh Hall.


The little stool has only recently been put together (today in fact) and doesn't yet have it's finish.


This is also destined for Marsh Hall.

I must add, I'm not affiliated in any way with Arjen or his miniatures.   I just wanted to spread the word and say how pleased I am at having found his site - thank you Josje of A Beautiful World blog for posting his link in the first place!

By the way - Arjen, if you read this - I'm not finished yet!




13 comments:

  1. I love Arjen's kits. I was fortunate to meet him at the Chicago shows this past April as well. :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Irene
    That furniture looks lovely. You've done a great job in putting it together.
    And good work on the books too. You should be selling them by the inch.
    Sister Valerie (not a nun)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how pretty! I love that little stool though it's perfect for a table as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First off, Congratulations on your blog being included in the TOP 100, Irene! It was so good to see that yours as well as so many of my favorite sites had made that list! :D

    I have seen several of Arjen's miniatures displayed on Josje, and on Ilona's blogs and they are indeed wonderfully detailed kits! The ones you have chosen for Marsh hall and Netherton, are ideal for each. I especially like seeing the shelves filled with mini books, because I think that no mini home should ever be without them.
    I have been mulling over the future purchase of the Savonarola chair for my villa for quite some time but now that I have seen how lovely it looks, I am more inclined to take the plunge. I love the way which you have finished it- it looks Amazing as does your umbrella stand. I would say that all of these kits have proved to be EXCELLENT investments for you properties and so thank you for your ringing endorsement. It is always exciting to see them at the vendors site but more importantly to see them in their new mini homes.♥

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Irene,
    Congratulations on the award. It is very well deserved! Thank you for talking about Arjen's miniatures. I have seen them before and cannot wait to add some pieces to the manor. you did an amazing job on the kits you purchased. The chair is especially beautiful.
    Big hug
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Irene I am very happy for you :)I love your kits they are gorgeous the carving looks amazing. They look great in their new homes.
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Irene! Congratulations on the award! It is well deserved! And I love the kits you have made from Arjen.... I have never seen them in person, but I have seen them mentioned on other blogs. Certainly the ones you have chosen look wonderful and really well suited to your projects. I love that chair.... I will want something like that eventually for my Castle.... maybe I better go shopping! LOL! I look forward to seeing all your new pieces "in situ" where I am sure they will fit perfectly! Thanks for the link to Arjen's site!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What lovely news about the award....supremely deserved. Congratulations. Don't forget to add the badge! The kits are fabulous and finished beautifully by you as always. Absolutely can't write more as I have an appointment with Arjen Spinhoven! Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on the award!
    Wonderful purchases and thank you for the link!
    Geneviève

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello, Irene! You have amazing purchases! You've found things amazing beauty. Congratulations! Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations, Irene. Very well deserved
    Hugs
    Simon

    ReplyDelete
  12. Irene, congratulations with the award. Well deserved I should say!

    I really like the detail on Arjen's miniatures. They sure fit in your interiors.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Irene, Hope all is well on your end.
    Sending you Merry Christmas wishes and a Healthy and Happy New Year! :)

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete