Tuesday, 10 April 2018

A small update

Following on from my last post regarding the Drawing Room and the difficulty in finding a suitable rug and the desperate need for a fair, I finally found a floor covering I'm happy with.    Sadly though, no fair.    It was cancelled and there are now no miniature fairs in Scotland - at all.


Said rug is now in place, a couple of pictures up and more will be added, table lamp wired in and cushions in place.   At last I feel this room is going somewhere.   There are still lots of little items to be added but I'd like to think it wont take as long as it has to show you another update.   I'm feeling the love!

10 comments:

  1. It looks just lovely! Sorry you had no fair to go to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Irene! The rug looks perfect for this space. It adds a nice bit of colour but does not overwhelm the room. It certainly makes the room cosier and feels more complete. And bugger about the lack of shows. That’s no fun at all. Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Irene!
    Your rug looks like a good choice for this room and I also like the way you've angled the chairs towards the sofa! Having the lights on and the fire roaring in the grate really gives this room a real warmth and character, so it is no wonder that you are again
    Feelin the Love! ♥
    bummer news about the No Shows ;( For me the fairs are like taking a High Energy drink. You wouldn't indulge in them every single day, but you'd still like to try them every now and then

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Irene,
    That is a lovely rug and it looks just beautiful in the room. I love the pattern. Definitely feeling the love!
    I am sorry to hear the fair was cancelled. That is so sad. I hope you will be able to travel to shows outside of Scotland.
    Big hug
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, Irene - The Drawing Room is coming along beautifully; the rug makes such a difference with its warm colors, and the lights and pillows (and the fire) make it look so comfortable and inviting. I can sympathize with having no fair in Scotland. There is never a miniature fair or show in Nebraska; the nearest are Denver or Chicago, both of which are at least eight hours away by car. No fun!
    Marjorie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great carpet and the room looks more comfortable with it, a wonderful addition.
    Geneviève

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Irene! I think you have found a rug that goes perfectly with your decor! The pieces you are adding make such a difference in the "lived-in" feeling! I do hope you find a Fair to attend... you find the most wonderful accessories at Fairs! It is sad that so many vendors are no longer participating in Fairs because competition from the internet has eroded client bases. I hope you will manage to get the accessories you need one way or another. Your rooms always have such well thought out details! I look forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I heard the sigh of relief from here when the rug went down. They always bug me and are so essential to how you feel about the room. Congrats on finding the perfect key piece. As for cancelling the one and only Scottish show as soon as I arrive - I take that personally. M

    ReplyDelete
  9. The rug is perfect. Such a shame about the fairs. They seem to be getting thin on the ground down here too - especially since the Kensington Doll House Fair lost its winter fair. Hopefully they will come back!
    Best wishes
    Simon

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Irene, I love the rug you have chosen. The delicate pattern and the colours suggest a silk Persian rug which certainly befits hte status of he owners of your house.

    ReplyDelete