Monday, 5 December 2022

The Gentleman's Bedroom

I'm back!   Thank you followers for sticking with me.    I can't really explain why I didn't have the motivation to update my blogs but here I am with Bedroom progress.    It's taken a wee while to decide what colours I wanted to go with and my instinctive 'go to' colours are on the "beige,cream, gold" theme which can end up looking too "samey" hence the navy blue in this room.







There's still a bit of finishing off to be done, all of which will be slotted in soon once I find the time to get round to it - fitted in between Christmas shopping - and I'll post pics of the completed room then.

In the meantime, I wish all my followers a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.





6 comments:

  1. It's lovely to see you back. This bedroom is great, the colours are perfect for a gentleman, I enjoy very much the curtains and how you dressed the bed.
    Seasons greetings to you too.
    Geneviève

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great!!!! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Irene! Great to see progress, and what lovely progress it is. The bedroom is masculine but not overly so. It also looks comfortable and cosy. I like that you chose the navy, which gives the room timeless appeal. And good work on painting the fireplace! It looks great! I love those little slippers, and there’s a coat hanging in a wardrobe?? Love it! PS I keep coming across photos of the Dennis Severs house on Pinterest and can see why it captured your imagination - so much character and so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Irene! It is nice to see you! The room is so welcoming and with the elements you've created so far, beautifully detailed. I am excited to see what you've got planned for the rest of the furnishing and décor - I know it will look stunning and custom tailored for the lucky gentleman occupant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Irene! I am always happy to see an update on your building progress! This Gentleman's bedroom is very elegant and I Love the dark blue! The carved wainscoting is a lovely detail. I know a lot of bloggers have mostly given up on their blogs, so it is always a treat to see that you are still making your minis! I look forward to seeing all the details you add.... love the slippers and the dressing gown hanging on the door! And the plaid spread on the bed is perfect! Happy Christmas! and Merry New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Irene, The bedroom is truly fit for a gentleman. I love the choice of colours. The dark blue sets of nice against the wood of the furniture. It realy makes those pieces stand out.

    Huibrecht

    ReplyDelete